Thread: Hi, I'm a LAG
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Hi, I\'m a LAG

So I was multitabling some 2/4 last night and realized that I've definitely reached the point of being a LAG. I haven't been playing poker seriously for a few months, and I'm not sure if I just don't have the patience for it anymore, or if I'm just in the natural progression that Ray Zee one wrote about. I rarely see a reason not to raise preflop in any pot I'm entering. If I think there's some chance of my stealing a pot, I try to, at other times I'll just pump draws ruthlessly and try to pound opponents into submission. 3-betting JJ when raised on an A high flop is standard.

How many of you have gone through phases like this? How did you get through it?

My standard game used to be the $100NL 6 max with 1/2 blinds, but I haven't played any since they changed the blind structure. I did put in about 8,000 hands at the 2/4 over a period of 3 months from Dec-Feb though with a 6BB/100 winrate with 16/10/2.5 stats. The winrate is unsustainable but I don't see why 3BB/100 wouldn't be possible. Over the past few months I've bought a house, killing the bankroll, and just taken more of an interest outdoor activities, but I'd like to get back to playing poker about 15 hours a week for some significant side income. I thought 2/4 would be a good place to start, but not with my current mindset.

Any suggestions for getting my head on straight?