View Single Post
Old 12-12-2004, 04:40 PM

Default Re: QQ first hand of tournament

Your preflop raise is too small here. All you did was help build a big multi-way pot, which is not really what you want with queens. I would've bet about twice the pot here, say around 120 to 140. That will make it more difficult for everybody and their brother to see the flop in some kind of big flop orgy.

Now, how do you deal with an allin re-raise preflop with queens? Typically, loose players like to make dumb plays like this early in a tourney with marginal hands. With the small preflop raises, you could be up against AK, a lesser pair, or something crazy like 87 suited.

However, aces or kings wouldn't want to get cutesy with this pot either. You could easily be way behind here.

In my opinion, since this a regular SNG and you have a ton of chips left, there is no reason to gamble here. You will have quite a while to play with small blinds and will likely see a much better opportunity than this to get all your chips into the pot. If this were a turbo, I think a call would be fine here, because you might not get a better opportunity later, but here a laydown looks good to me.