Thread: I'm very sorry
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: I\'m very sorry

[ QUOTE ]
I just reread the post by Paul Phillips (which was reproduced on his own website) that led to his permanent banning on 2+2.

I must say that I am absolutely astonished that he would be permanently sitebanned for that post (or more accurately, for refusing to publicly and privately apologize for making that post). Of course, I do acknowledge (as 2+2 is a private, corporate forum) your absolute right to be as unfair, capricious, or draconian as you choose.

I would also like some clarification or guidance, if you would kindly deign to do so, as to whether such comments or observations by myself and/or others are tolerable or at least permitted.

Thank you very much in advance for your considering my humble question.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read the thread, you'll see that it was Mat Sklansky that deleted the entire thread. He claims it was an accident and only should have deleted the first post.

May I offer a few suggestions (as a moderator, myself):

1) If there are multiple moderators per forum, there should be a clear understanding as well as open communcation between these moderators as to what is allowed and what is not allowed.

2) Create a moderator's forum where things like this can be discussed.

3) When deleting a post, don't leave (pompous) comments such as "I got at least half a dozen suspensions out of this thread" or "Three more suspensions. Eventually, some of you will get the point". Instead, clearly state who was suspended, and why.

4) Clarify the T&C, perhaps even using examples, so that everyone knows what they will and will not be suspended for. This is especially important since the T&C are now being more "strictly" enforced.

I respect the moderators and owners of this board greatly for their poker skill, but they sure aren't doing a very great job of running a messageboard.