View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 11:42 PM

Default What to do, What to do?

I don't see a tightie (4%PFR) raising with AQ or calling a reraise with it preflop. I also don't see AQ check-raising that flop unless he has seen you make alot of continuation bets lately. Did he hesitate with the check-raise or was it instant like he planned it? (in other words, did he decide you were bluffing after thinking about it or was he waiting on the edge of his computer chair waiting for a chance to baby bump ya?) If we can peg him as a tight player then we would probably be able to remove AQ from his possibles.

What does that leave us with? Tightwad isn't going to raise preflop with 88 or 55. He would with QQ and AA or maybe JJ and he is over his head and trying to make you lay it down (distant possibility). I am putting him on QQ with the PFR, not reraising your PFR (as he MIGHT with AA), bumping a little to get you pot committed on the flop, not worried about protecting anything with his mediocre turn bet, pushing when he fills up on the river. Seems like an easy read based on the information you gave us. I just can't see him playing this fast with any hand that you beat. Now do I make that read when I only have 15 seconds to decide? Nope, I call with my Kings and buy back in. A more disciplined player than myself would easily lay down overpair with this much action from a tight player.

Da Fly

PS- I could be completely wrong.