View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 05:19 AM

Default What\'s Next? (no hand or boobs in this thread)

And definitely no hand on boobs.

I've been studying a lot of poker lately. A lot. My plan was to start with general books (Theory of Poker, Psychology of Poker, Getting the Best of It), and then move on to hold'em books for a refresher. Then I was going to finally learn new games. But an interesting thing happened when I picked up King Yao's book. I already knew everything he was telling me. That's not to say my game is bulletproof, but at this point in time I don't feel like there is much more I can fit in my head about hold'em. I'd be better served to just keep on grinding, then revisit the books in a few months to touch up parts of my game.

That leads me to an interesting crossroads, one which I'll share with the rest of micros. So in this thread, tell us where you're at in your game, where you want to go, and what the next few steps are to get there?

Where I'm At: Winning limit hold'em player, able to supplement my income very well through winnings.
Where I'm Going: A middle limits Phil Ivey, Barry Greenstein, Chau Giang. I want to win at every game.
What's Next: I think a reasonable game to play next is Stud High. I'll use Roy West's book first, then move on to 7CSFAP. That'll take me a few months.

Any stud players in micros? I think I saw a stud forum around here somewhere, maybe I'll become a regular over there as well.

And because no thread is complete without a laugh at my expense, have a look at my poker library : http://www.paxosmotic.com/poker1.jpg