View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 05:51 AM

Default Re: Calldown in Huge Pot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought you played the hand well. Smooth calling the flop with the intention of raising the turn looks like a good idea since it is obvious the BB will bet the turn no matter what card hits. On the turn, I think you must call the CO's 3 bet since if he has some kind of weird 2 pair you have up 8 outs to beat him. On the river, I think you should make a crying call here in this big pot. For all you know the CO may be thinking that you were raising the turn with not much of a hand becuz the maniac BB bet. Plus youve seen the CO overplay hands in the past. So calling the river looks right. Overall, I thought you played the hand well on every street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, given how unthreatening the board is I don't care much for waiting till the turn here at all. I also don't see how it's 'obvious' he's leading the turn when the flop came 8-high and 2-toned.
As for the river, I think Guy on Tilt posted a remarkably similar hand where he folded this river, but I probably look him up because it is just too damn hard for me to put CO on a hand - probably some random 2-pair since he posted.

[/ QUOTE ]
I misread the villains aggression stats, I thought he was a maniac for some reason, it turns out hes not that aggressive postflop at all, which means he is not guaranteed to bet the turn at all, so raising the flop is better than waiting to raise the turn since the villain may not bet the turn.