View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 04:27 AM

Default Re: Calldown in Huge Pot

[ QUOTE ]
I thought you played the hand well. Smooth calling the flop with the intention of raising the turn looks like a good idea since it is obvious the BB will bet the turn no matter what card hits. On the turn, I think you must call the CO's 3 bet since if he has some kind of weird 2 pair you have up 8 outs to beat him. On the river, I think you should make a crying call here in this big pot. For all you know the CO may be thinking that you were raising the turn with not much of a hand becuz the maniac BB bet. Plus youve seen the CO overplay hands in the past. So calling the river looks right. Overall, I thought you played the hand well on every street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, given how unthreatening the board is I don't care much for waiting till the turn here at all. I also don't see how it's 'obvious' he's leading the turn when the flop came 8-high and 2-toned.
As for the river, I think Guy on Tilt posted a remarkably similar hand where he folded this river, but I probably look him up because it is just too damn hard for me to put CO on a hand - probably some random 2-pair since he posted.