View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 04:01 AM

Default Re: Some 30+3 hands I need you to look at and my first 150 results

Also in a similar position to you. Recently started playing $33 SNGs as well, running good so far [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Don't get too caught up with your results as 150 tourneys is only going to give you a vague indication if anything.

Hand #1. Fine. I would play almost exactly the same way. Some people might check/fold their pair if they don't make a set but usually such a flop bet will give you the pot. Easy call on the river with ~5:1 odds.

Hand 2. Definately too aggressive here. With 16BB and AJo you are in really bad shape if you get called here. Wait until you have 10BB or less before making pushes like this.

Hand 3. I would have bet the pot at least on the turn as 2 pair is fairly vulnerable and you both are relatively deep stacked for a SNG. After his tiny raise, makes me think he has a weak ace I think your raise to T200 is also fine. The river is tough. You check signals weakness and fear that he has a flush, but I don't feel comfortable betting a decent amount here either. His T700 bet given your previous strength on the turn he is putting you to a difficult decision representing the flush. I really don't buy his 'story', checking flush draw on flop then min raising on the turn, allowing you to reraise. But then again I've invested T230 in the pot and still will have a comfortable stack if I fold. Sometimes you need to take risks but this early I think you can find a safer spot. If he made a bluff or has A8/x good for him, he outplayed me, risking 700 more for 430 and I'm fine with that. I'm still in a decent position for entering Level 4+.