View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Poker in New Orleans

[ QUOTE ]
A few random thoughts:

The "regulars" at Harrah's are usually just as bad as the tourists. Just because you see them on more than one day, do not assume any kind of poker-playing ability on their part. These are gambling folk- 94 sooted looks just as good to them as it does to your average just-stumbled-in-from-Bourbon donk.

While I haven't actually gotten around to playing the 2/5 NL game yet, I've been told it's no less of a donkathon than the other games. I don't much care for the blind structure relative to the buy-in, but I still can't wait to go play that game. The big NL game is now 5/10 blinds, used to be 5/5.

Aces cracked wins a rack day is Tuesday. Mondays during football season they run a free contest during MNF, you get assigned a number that relates to the scoring somehow (I forget exactly). Football+beer+poker+free EV=good times.

Naomi (one of the waitresses) is a frigging goddess.

[/ QUOTE ]
These are good points (especially about Naomi - add Giselle to the list as well). However, there are a few regulars, mostly the younger guys, who you will have to adjust to. The older guys are mostly pretty passive, but the younger guys are a lot more aggressive and a few of them are actually pretty good players. You'll be able to spot them pretty quickly.