View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: responding to a larger-than-pot-size check-push.

[ QUOTE ]
1.77:1 odds.. but i can't put him on a range..my guess of:

KTs-KQs,KJo-KQo,ATs,ATo,QJs,JTs

would give you 46% equity, and good enough for a call.... but i think he's more likely to be doing this w/ the hands that bea tyou, than the T's. bleh.. tough spot, and usually when i'm in a tough spot my default is call. I probably should change that up though.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have the same default as me... I'm not sure this is a good thing either though.

I just couldn't see villain doing this with anything better than a weakish king, KQ at best. Like you, I felt that he was more likely doing it as a bluff or a semi-bluff with something like AT.

Turns out he had TT. A very odd way to play a set and I would have had a much easier time getting away from the hand if he had raised something besides all-in and/or if he hadn't just seen me take down a pot with a c-bet in a hand that played out nearly identical to this one. His timing was also weird and made me think he was weak. He thought a while before making the call PF and insta-pushed when I get the flop. Like, there was no time in between my bet and his push. idk... Looked too much like a bluff to me, but oh well.