View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Guess my hand please

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It definitely doesn't look like a flush unless you flopped the nut flush. I just don't see many people calling half-pot bets with draws out of position and very small implied odds (if you hit it would be so transparent)

[/ QUOTE ]
I definitely understand your point, but it is a little bit amusing that you say that he doesn't have a flush here because it would be so obvious that he had a flush in this circumstance. So it would be so obvious that he has it, so he doesn't have it. So it actually is not obvious that he has it. So maybe he does have it.

To me it looks like A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x (potentially AQ), full house, or just completely nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know-I was thinking this also. After a while the whole "he wouldn't do this because he has to know I wouldn't pay him off so he must have nothing so I'll pay him off" element of poker is just guessing. But I almost always guess that my opponents are not smart enough or don't give me enough credit to assume that I'll make thin calls in obvious non-payoff spots so I tend to pay off here.