View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: How to become a poker champion

Not to be a jerk, but is this a real post??

Dude, if you are actually considering quitting your job to become a poker pro without having the slightest idea about what this type of move would entail, please stop thinking about it. I know pretty much nothing about poker, but what I do know is that there are many people who play upwards of 10k to 20k hands per month, study the nuances of the game continuously, and have been playing for years, and they STILL don't even think about trying to make a living at it. Give it a few years and see how you do, then start determining whether or not you have what it takes. It's just as hard as becoming a professional in a sport like baseball, football, etc. No matter how hard some of us work at it, we just don't have the God-given ability to make it. You might, but I wouldn't tell the boss to F-off anytime soon if I were you. Also, regarding your prowess at D&D, I doubt if that will be much of a factor in your quest. Maybe instead of knowing .001% of what you'd need to go pro, you might know .003% due to your D&D experiences. Heck, I'm averaging 234 at bowling right now, and I still blow donkey's when it comes to holdem. Good luck. By the way, I suck, so take this with a grain of salt.