View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Re: $11 - 88 on button, makes me wonder about betting impetus

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I actually brought this up a long time ago when I posted a theoretical question asking if everyone in the event started with 5 fewer chips and gave them all to you, what would your ROI be assuming you were all of equal skill level. I can't remember what the number was, but it was enough to make me dismiss the argument that stealing the blinds means nothing. I think it was something like 4 - 5% ROI, an obviously signifigant amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

Intuitively this seems like a rediculous statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, I concur. So, Curtains, you're arguing that if I am a 10% ROI'er at the $109's, I'd improve to be a 14%-15% ROI'er at the $109's if I started with T1045 and all my opponents started with T995???? I can't prove or disprove this, of course, but it makes zero sense to me that my ROI could improve by 40%-50% just because I start with 70 big blinds and all my opponents start with 67 big blinds. My best guess is that this advantage (T1045 to T995 of all your opponents) may improve your ROI ever so slightly, but the inherent variance built into the SNG is always going to swallow that improvement up, such that it's unnoticeable.

--Z