Thread: Q9s
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Q9s

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I prefer to donk the flop hoping to 3 et. I think KJ KQ QJ raise for you sometimes here and let you get in many bets with great equity.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

There has to be a point at which the pot is big enough that you'll go for protection over value. This isn't big enough?

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this doesn't sound dickish, but aren't you just asking me if I want to reduce variance or win more money? I do struggle with your question from time to time and I tend to err on the side of making a gigantic pot and gambooling when I can. I guess I make a mental approximation of how great my equity is relative to everyone else's - if its huge I pump and if not I try and protect. Here I think its huge.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I prefer abrasive analysis. Your wasn't particularly abrasive though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Your thinking is incorrect I believe. Let me put it this way. If there was 1 million dollars in the pot. But you were the only one who could see it, would you prefer to check raise to try and clear out overcards or would you try and pump the pot. I think pumping the pot in this theoretical example wouldn't clearly be wrong. Anything you could do to increase your chance of winning the million would outweigh (by a great deal) any equity you have in future bets.

If you agree then you just have to decide at what point the pot is large enough to try and protect your hand rather than pump.

Krishan