Thread: Q9s
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Q9s

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I prefer to donk the flop hoping to 3 et. I think KJ KQ QJ raise for you sometimes here and let you get in many bets with great equity.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

There has to be a point at which the pot is big enough that you'll go for protection over value. This isn't big enough?

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this doesn't sound dickish, but aren't you just asking me if I want to reduce variance or win more money? I do struggle with your question from time to time and I tend to err on the side of making a gigantic pot and gambooling when I can. I guess I make a mental approximation of how great my equity is relative to everyone else's - if its huge I pump and if not I try and protect. Here I think its huge.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not really a matter of variance. Specifically in this hand- we have a choice between betting out hoping that lots of people call because we have good equity in the pot or check-raising to drive people out of the pot to try to clear up some outs and increase our chances of winning what is already there. As the pot grows larger, increasing your chances of winning it by driving people out becomes a stronger option than trying to get people to put money in because we have good equity.