View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Is pro poker right for me? [LONG]

[ QUOTE ]

hey Nomad

I am a poker pro at the moment but do not plan to do it forever. Like you, I am taking some time out, and doing something that I enjoy doing (on the whole), while saving money and deciding what to do next.

While not wishing to be negative for the sake of it: what concerns me about your post is that you have only played 35000 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I plan to put in a lot of hands between now and graduation. So far, I've played about 10k this month, and I'll probably shoot for another 10k before the month is over. I'm doing this primarily because I need more experience, but also because I need to know how well I can do at playing a lot of hands each month.

[ QUOTE ]
I play NL and have been a winning player since I started. HOWEVER I did go through a four month period where I made nowhere enough to live on (say $2000). This was after maybe 6 months of consistent winning, and has been followed by another 6 months of consistent winning.

Bear in mind that it can be quite stressful, especially if you drop a couple of buy-ins. (Easily done!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't expect this to get too stressful since I will be overbankrolled and I will also have plenty of additional savings. Downswings are somewhat stressful on their own, but I don't think that I'll feel financial pressure on top of that.

[ QUOTE ]
But on the other hand I love being my own boss, and my winrate is much better because I am not playing while tired after a day's work.

Anyway PM me if you have any questions as I don't check this forum very often.

gl
Patrick

[/ QUOTE ]

I may PM you later on down the road if I decide to do this. Thanks for your comments.