View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 09:09 PM

Default Re: tough fold or standard? party 30/60

I've seen this "shania" thing mentioned a couple of times and I'm still not quite sure what it means. Someone referenced a link once, but I never got around to looking it up. I'd like to learn more about it. Can you point me to a link/book on it?

<font color="blue">Even if this was a player who is good enough to consider a river checkraise this is not a good place to do it. </font>

Isn't this a bit of circular reasoning? A player who is good enough to c/r, is good enough to realize this is not a good spot for it, is good enough to c/r!!

I won't argue too hard, because what you're saying makes all the sense in the world, and what I'm saying might not. But it's just my game. When I bet the river last to act, I am doing so because I think the value of my hand warrants a bet. When check/raised, the value of my hand goes down to be sure, but not so much as to cause me to fold without very good reason. That he isn't likely to c/r a worse hand is NOT a good enough reason ESPECIALLY on Party Poker and/or against someone I don't know. I think we've all seen too many weird plays on Party to comfortably lay down an 11 big bet pot for one more.

Calling costs only a bet and he is entitled to it for haning in there and sucking out. But I also want to make that bet the next time, and the time after that. And I want to do so without fear of being check/raised or worrying about whether I might a tight fold the last time, etc.

But please tell me more about this Shania.