Thread: why golf sucks
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: why golf sucks

"Are you telling me that if your cart had a GPS system on it, it would be faster to go walk off the yardage yourself than to look at the screen?"

I don't think using a cart is golf either. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I agree the USGA has done more to ruin golf, make it expensive, and make it take a long time with the failure to catch the optimized equipmnet until it was too late. The rangefinder is not the main culprit I suppose. However, the rangefinder is something I don't think belongs on a golf course. I am getting crusty in my old age. I no longer carry 14 clubs a lot of the time. I am debating whether to ban myself from getting yardages at all. I may simply look at the overall yardage of the hole and go by eyeballing it from there. I have not been playing much tho. Maybe the next round I play I will try to do it with 8 clubs and trying to avoid all yardage markers. Problem is you can see them on my course, so you get a ballpark yardage.

My dream pro silly season event is a no caddy, no yardage book, no pin sheet, no sprinkler head 7 club max tournament on a classic course. Carry your sticks and use your eyes and feel. Tiger would win. Ben Crane not allowed. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]