View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 02:35 AM

Default Re: My contribution to all the \"turning pro\" posts. LONG

[ QUOTE ]
Or so I take the chance? become a full-time student get my degree and finally do the kind of work that I want to do, Along with being a part-time poker pro?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The type of buisness Im in you dont just leave to try to play poker professionally. I'd never be welcomed at another agency again. Blackballed.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you would be leaving the job to play poker full-time?
or you would be leaving the job to go to college and play poker part-time?

Also - you would really be black-balled and never able to work at any agency again?
I know nothing of collection agencies but that sounds kind of odd.
Obviously having a back-up plan if it all goes sour is important so you DO want to to be able to go back if possible...so if you're absolutely certain that you would never be able to go back then that REALLY hurts.

Can you take a 3 month leave-of-absence to 'try it out' or something like that?
Is your wife cool with you going back to school and playing poker to fund your way through.

Also - I am assuming that you are long-term winner at this with a significant sample size over several months of play (at least) to back this up. Otherwise, the whole question is moot.

In the meanwhile, you could also continue to do what you are doing for the most part and really work on your poker and build a bigger and more comfortable bankroll for the possibility of doing this in the future.

you're still in undecided and 'not sure what the hell I should do' mode so definitely don't do anything rash anytime soon. Keep doing what you're doing for a few more weeks (at least) while you continue to evaluate the possibilities and discuss things with your wife.