View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Button Bongo Bonanza at the Bike

[ QUOTE ]
On this first hand is there a real reason seat 8 cannot take the small blind having just paid the big blind and receive the button the next hand having paid both blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe that is what I wrote (I'm now late and in a rush so don't have time to comb through my earlier post). Seat eight moved at a bad time (from seat six) so he incurs extra blind obligations (unless he wants to wait a round). He posts the big blind directly in front of the button (that's the hand with three big blinds) and next hand he posts the small blind on the button. He doesn't fade any blinds, in fact he pays three blinds three successive hands.

[ QUOTE ]
I am in the minority view, but I am not a an of the forward moving button not only because of situations like this but because I think allowing someone to pay a blind in the best position is a lto more of an injustice than allowing someone the button twice in a row when the second time they woudl have been in the cutoff seat which is a good position to be in anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point but this is very rare. BTW, about ten years ago a part time writer for Card Player named Steve Fox (if memory serves) wrote an exhaustive analysis of the advantages/disadvantages of the forward moving button (commonly used in LA ring games) versus the dead button (used in tournaments and Las Vegas).

[ QUOTE ]
In NL an PL games I am in favor of moving the button to the next active player and having the 2 players after the button post blinds and not worry about missed blinds etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your point here has merit, as PL/NL is more about position as opposed to blinds.

Regards,

Rick