View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Re: King Yao \"Weighing the Odds\"

[ QUOTE ]
I received my copy today and I am very disappointed. This is one of the books that will go right into the shelf, never to be opened again. Now why is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

It saddens me to see that someone did not enjoy the book or think it was worth the price. I understand that not all books are going to work out for everyone, and I'm sure there are others that feel the same way you do who has not made it known. I put a lot of time and work into the book, so it is disappointing to me to see anyone that was disappointed by my work.

I'm not sure how to respond. An apology doesn't seem right. A "I'll try to do better next time" doesn't feel right either, especially since you are unlikely to purchase any potential future work from me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Although I commend Barry Greenstein for essentially making a money-back guarantee on his book, I don't think that's something that is appropriate for me.

So I guess all I can respond to your post is just to acklnowledge it.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, it is a 100% copycat job. The author took SSHE, TOP and HEFAP and paraphrased it all together into a new book which has zero new content to offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are of course within your rights to criticize my book in any way, but please keep in mind that SSHE was yet to be published during the writing of my book. I'm not going to try to defend my work with regards to your comment, but just trying to get that one little fact straight.

King