View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Guy brags about having 3 accounts at Poker Stars

[ QUOTE ]
The Party and skins were always amongst the easiest to release bonuses on the net - that's how they overtook

As of right now Party has 47,662 online and Stars has 43,618.

Party have basically abolished (or is about to) the three reasons a lot of players would pick them over Stars - good bonuses (for casuals), rakeback (for semi-pros/pros) and datamining (for PT users).

And Stars has lower rake I think as they are 'no flop, no drop' and I don't think Party are (I could be wrong on that one).

Anyone else think 3 months for Party to lose No 1 slot is unrealistic?

I just think Party is blowing it - the markets certainly think so judging by how fast their share price has headed south..

[/ QUOTE ]

as others have pointed out, party didnt get be #1 by bonus, but by marketing.

stars player count is grossly overstated as they get a lot of that count from microlimits, that party doesnt have.

and stars doesnt enable datamining, showing showdown hands, etc, without screenscraping aids.

and party is a no flop no drop, as are almost all sites.

im no apologist for party either, but found your arguments to be strange considering stars bonuses are worse, the dont do rakeback and their datamining stance is no different than party's.

but my offer to book any action on your predictions of stars overtaking party still stands.