View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 03:10 AM

Default Re: 10-20 Party QQ Hand

[ QUOTE ]
You may have a point but your logic seems shaky to me.

[ QUOTE ]
pfr could easily be doing this with jj or 99 thinking he's best, will entice worse hands to bet / or draws and pop it in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok worse hands bet, but why raise?

[/ QUOTE ]they would sooner put it in on the turn because there are many cards which could fall to a bluffing or semibluffing hand to make their hand 2nd best

-it's a spot where they have a vulnerable hand, if they believe they have the best hand it's better to stick it in now, UNLESS (only glaring exception I can think of) you're against someone who will bluff no matter what on the river, so it's just a matter of check-calling again.

[ QUOTE ]

Will the worst hand call?

[/ QUOTE ]

if i have JJ, and oyu have one of the latter hands in the QQ->A5 range, it serves as a two way bet. I can either make worse hands call (sometimes) or better hands fold (sometimes) it's rare hero would get screwed both ways, no?

also, you price out any possible semibluff or bluff, (this is a great board for a CTB...) which isn't a bad way to end the hand.

[ QUOTE ]

I think you've given an argument for checking the turn with JJ but not for check-raising the turn.

I really dont think tooo many people do this with JJ or 99 and if they are they might be bluffing?

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Other problem with check-calling w/ 99 for example is for river play you let better hands bet for value (trips, etc.) the gray area hands (smaller underpairs or 2nd pair type hands) check behind, and occaisonally you face a bluff. so it's a reverse equity decision on the turn...

I dont know, I would never check-call here with 99, maybe it's a leak of my own.

*also, I doubt villain puts hero on QQ here, fsu (I think) stated he reraises QQ+ most of the time, he is mixing it up here. so JJ probably thinks he's either ahead to a bluff / draw / underpair type hand OR facing trips.

if you c/r all in here w. AKs to generate folding equity amongst smaller pairs technically (if they call) isn't it a neat concept to do the same with 99+...