View Single Post
Old 09-17-2003, 11:00 AM

Default Learn on Stars, earn on Party

Yeah, it's definitely more fun when you get to share the pain&fun with a group. I'm lucky my wife is a poker player, so I get a (slightly) sympathetic ear for my "You'll never believe it, this guy calls me all-in with J4o..." tourney stories.

I use my PokerStars account mainly for fun & multi-table tourney practice, since I view it as an order of magnitude tougher than Party. Since, I view $ spent playing multi tourneys there as tuition, catching a bunch of cards and winning $ for a few $100+ buyins is a nice bonus.

My overall 1-table SNG in the money % is 40% (with about a 15-18% win rate), but only 30% or so on Stars, and the level of competition just seems much better in the mid to late stages of all the tourneys there, so I feel like I'm learning by observing some decent play.

[ QUOTE ]
Unless the other stacks are completely cowered you can't raise almost every hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... once it got 4-handed, 1) they weren't and 2) I did. I need to change gears based on table image more often. I tend to attack 1 or 2 times too many when my image is LAG and tend to wait a bit too long to come out my shell when the blinds go up and I'm waiting to spring a trap.

I'm learning though.

Keep kicking butt for the ZOO Lorinda & Sunshine - I want to get to say "Yeah I know them" when I see you on TV.

J