View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Re: 1: Good 3-bet? 2: Good river check?

Both hands were played well, IMO. First hand, the only thing your could have done differently was just call so the other player would tag along, but if he was playing a low then you are risking half of pot, so making it expensive for him makes a lot of sense.

Second hand, you have to fear the flush here, and your opponents did not make mistakes chasing. There was no low, so they had better odds than they needed to stay in. I am surprised they checked after you. If you won the hand, be glad your opponents were too cowardly to bet.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if this a good play for Omaha as it is for other games, but how about bet/fold as line for the river here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but remember that you are on low limit table, you have to be reluctant to bet when you opponents have been acting like they have a flush-draw and a flush hits. Maybe a baby flush folds, but I doubt it. Look at it this way, if you raise, there is a strong possibility that only a flush would call. On a weak table, the baby flush might say (even after drawing for it) maybe its not good, and check behind you. It's a close call, but on a loose weak low limit LO8 table, I personally would try to check. Now, this is all said without any read on your opponents.