View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004, 11:51 AM

Default Re: I\'ll listen this time

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm too tight because I think this is overplaying a pair of 7's here. But I see plays by dominated small-mid pairs coldcalling EP raises from KK, QQ & JJ and win h/u all the time online so I guess I could be wrong about this type of play here too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you're talking about pre-flop or after the flop. Pre-flop, I can understand taking the worst of it with pocket pairs a little more often than I would in a live game. These online games are SO aggressive that you easily make up the EV after the flop when you hit your set.

It's these AFTER-THE-FLOP plays I don't understand. I recall another post where elysium advises to raise a pair of sevens (with a 7-high flush draw) into two overcards as a matter of routine. The only question was whether to bet the turn (flush card) for value or not.

There is no question that the majority of the $$ is made AFTER the flop in this game. I see opponents making what appear to be significant pre-flop mistakes, yet I am not getting enough of their money because they are somehow making up for it against me after-the-flop, even though it also appears to me that they are making significant mistakes here as well. I'm pulling my hair out.. I can't figure out where all the money from these mistakes is going. All I know is that only a small fraction is going into my account (not enough), and I can only assume that's because I am not playing well enough after-the-flop.