View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 01:30 AM

Default Re: What a fish calling station.

Hrm...

Flop: 9-to-1 odds, pair+BDFD = no brainer call.

Turn: I don't think you're running him off whatever he 3bet the flop with, and you now have a flush draw, I don't think you can play this any other way.

River: He's not folding a better hand, and most of what we're beating is bluffs so the question is will we be winning often enough to call. We're getting 7-to-1 here. Playing around with pokerstove it looks like if it's possible he might make the flop 3bet with something like A4s (with BDFD) or AQs we have enough overlay to call (between that and the times he has 78s, which will often be the case), otherwise we're basically only beating a busted straight draw and aren't getting proper odds unless we're willing to call for image reasons.

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it if he's a smart TAG he probably doesn't bet the river with A4, or any ace for that matter since that was kind of a dry flop and whatever you checkraised with was probably a busted draw or some piece of the board. If he plays this way then it seems we have to fold unless he's so aggressive with his resteals that he's willing to 3bet a checkraise and then bluff through to the river without even a draw.