View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Old Timers: Post some of your old favorite OOT threads from pre-0

[ QUOTE ]
dids doesnt pwn [censored], i never said the dead stuff was the height of anything just that it was hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you missed the reason why I pwned.

The thing that was cool about old OOT was that you saw the more human side of a lot of strat posters. Their thoughts on baseball, politics, food, stuff like that. It was much smaller, much more mature, and a lot less prone to pointless arguments about who owned who.

It changed a lot once OOT grew native posters who didn't really post elsewhere, inasmuch as it resembled the "random" forum on virtually every other message board on the internet.

All the threads these days that are "classic" tend to get that way because there's a ton of posts saying "this thread is classic" in each thread and not a lot of context.

Right now we've got a 30000000 post myspace thread that is basically people oggling chicks, sharing weak attempts to pick girls up and not getting laid (and me pimping the best myspace page ever). I can see why that's slightly amusing, but it's not exactly the height of discourse.

If forced to pick a thread, it might be "How Many 5 Year Olds" but I think even that is a little new for what I'd consider the best days of OOT (which of course was really just "OT" then).