View Single Post
Old 11-26-2004, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Yet another Israeli atrocity

Like Ive said in other posts, there are atrocities committed by both sides. The main problem is the simple statistics of it. For example, kids of all cultures fail school, however, african american students perform statistically worse in the american education system. Therefore, societie sees a need to fix the problem. This doesn't mean white kids don't have problems to be fixed as well, nor does it mean that they don't fail out of school. Although, it does mean a particular demographic is far worse and can be prioritized with respect to aid.

My example may suck but in an attemp to relate, i'd bet bet, that the majority of those killed on the palestinian side were most likely second degree, collateral dammage or manslaughter. This differs to the guiltful mens rea attacthed to the numerouz first degree murders of israeli civilians. Like i said before, i know it happens on both sides, but one side is far worse. Also, in my opinion, this means that the palestinians are more of a priority when it comes to reform. Israel is reforming constantly because it is a democracy and the different opinions expressed help the country expand forward. Conversely, the palestinian society has consistantly weakened with more support for terrorism and more corruption as time passes.

In addition, you also neglected to respond to an important part of my prior post. I said that these types of acts would be praised by one society and persecuted by the other (whatever the punishment. it is still considered something wrong vs. right, does this have no value to you?)