View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 03:10 AM

Default Re: advice needed for a player moving from .50/1 to 1/2 and struggling

[ QUOTE ]
What are his goals? Is he moving up for any other reason than you nagging him? If he is comfortable at .5/1 and is making enough money at it to make it worth while for him he doesn't need to move up. Penis size and the limits you play at are rarely linked.

Table selection is important at every limit. There are tight tables and loose tables and finding the table that matches your play is always important.

Have you shown him Poker Ace in action to let him see what he is missing? I think if he saw it in action he would be more likely to get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think his overall goal is just to be able to sustain himself from poker and move up through the limits and become better at poker. it's not a macho thing, moreso just a logical urge to play at a level that tests his skills, helps him improve and is increasingly profitable.

he's seen me using pokerace but i don't think he's aware of how valuable it is ( i don't think that i'm on top of how useful it is either, my use of it is pretty basic compared to what i could probably derive from peoples stats ).

also i don't think he puts any thought into table selection or relative position ( i don't see how you could really excercise much effective table selection without using a hud unless you had extensive notes going on ) which is probably a factor.