View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 10:17 AM

Default Adjusting to Higher Limit Games

Hello,

So I think we're pretty much agreed that the weak/tight early style doesn't cut it past perhaps the $30 games. I should think that it'll stop cutting it at the $20s and $30s in the next few months. So what to do about it?

I'm already a pretty aggressive player, and I'm not as weak tight as a lot of people on this forum appear to be. I played a couple of $50s yesterday (with a friend, in a non-collusion kind of way), and I really noticed how the $20 approach isn't much use. One of them was 8 handed at 100/200 blinds. That doesn't happen in the $20s.

So what kind of adjustments are people making? I should be searching for the passive players and making them pass more hands, but what kinds of situations should I be doing this in? Any kind of generalised advice is welcome.

Incidentally, I beat the $20s for a good 20%+ ROI, and I also beat the $200 and $400 NL games, so I do know how to play poker, I'm more interested in playing style advice than specific hands here. I figure it'd be best to get a condensed form of wisdom instead of sitting around experimenting for a few hundred dollars.