View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: What separates a good player from an advanced player?

[ QUOTE ]

1) perhaps you don't steal from the cutoff and hijack enough. many players who are "almost there" oversteal from the button and understeal from the 2 seats right of the button. as you move up in limits, you will notice that you will be less able to steal from the button because there is a lot more opening from the cutoff and hijack.

2) you may not be defending your big blind to steal raises enough. remember that you are getting 3.5:1 on a button/LP steal, and there are some pretty crappy-looking hands with which you should be defending. (of course don't take this too far.)

what range of hands would you defend from the bb against a steal from an aggressive button?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I am a stealing machine, I probably steal too much. 44%
2. I defend 50-60% vs a steal I think this might could go up some, but I suck so bad postflop HU that I laydown a lot of misses.
3. To go from 16 to 20 VPIP thats 4 hands every 10 orbits, of those hands almost all of them should be raising hands to bring preflop raise % up? So I would guess I am not raising my button often enough after limpers or blind stealers??