View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 03:55 AM

Default Re: After 8k 30+3 sngs recorded, I\'ve discovered something...

[ QUOTE ]
Well, the problem with reviewing 1000 games over 3 years is that you're probably a very different player in game 884 than you were in game 72(unless you were already fantastic or are extremely dense). In 'batches' from short time periods it's likely you were playing the same general style.

[/ QUOTE ]

my general point is that much in the same way as there are tons of factors which make large differences in one's game in the super spread out way, there are tons of factors that make your roi vary in the super short run as well. if i had the time to do entirely pointless exercises, i'd say "for any stupid thing that can be counted as a long run thingy, i'll give you a short run thingy" or whatnot.

for example: while it's very likely that over hte course of 3 years playing 1 a day your play changes stylisticly, it's also very true that playing 150 games a day for a week probably means that you're not playing close to the same way at either the end of each day as you were in the beginning of that day, or at the end of the week the way you were playing at the beginning of the week.

c