View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 09:55 AM

Default $109 - ugly spot ITM

Probably an easy decision, but in my defence I don’t play too many of these things so bear with me.

Anyway, 3 left, before posting I have T800 in the SB, BB has T750, Button all the rest. Blinds 200/400.

I have 95o, button folds. Obviously there is zero chance that BB folds any hand.

My thoughts on this were that given position & stack sizes I maybe could have folded here. Reason being, on my button the other small stack probably won't risk a call without some kind of hand if I push. Furthermore, if I fold my button, again the other small stack is unlikely to want to push through the big stack onto my BB without a strong hand.

Also if I fold I think small stack may not risk a push into big stacks BB without something strong given that he can see I will blind out in two hands. Hence he will drop back to 750.

Therefore, reality is I have a high chance to choose between this hand & two more on where to make my stand vs. likely 1 random hand. Chances are in the next two hands I pick up something that fares better than 95o. I guess this is counter-balanced by the fact that if I wait winning doesnt guarantee me 2nd.

Anyway, moot point because I pushed & lost.

What do you all think?