View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Pros in high limit games on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering what you guys think about pros playing in the big games on Full Tilt (100/200, 25/50NL). IMO they are generally hurting the game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring to WELL playing pros. There are enough pros on Full Tilt I'd love to play 100/200 and up with. But unfortunately, these pros only play the game very rarely. And when they do play, the game actually tends to fill up. So, I was not referring to them.

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

People playing 100/200 mostly aren't doing it to get the thrill of playing against really good players. They are there to make money. Now if a good limit playing pro sits down (like d'agostino, ivey etc), this would not benefit that perspective. I've seen it often enough that a 100/200 was going between two 'unknowns', then a well playing pro sits down, and the game dies within minutes. So, the pro, who should be benefitting Full Tilt is actually hurting them.

This is also not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder where you base this on. I've played this game on FT since it started, so I think I can make a fair judgement whether the game dies or fills up. Also, if you where referring to the two pros I named as a benefit in your game, then I'm either very impressed with your game or you have to reconsider how you value your opponents.

[ QUOTE ]
When you play in high stakes games, you have to play against other pros, especially on the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this. That's why I said "and often enough the players playing these limits have already played against many pros anyways." But the FT game is really not comparable to the average pokerstars 1/2 game. It can be a lot lot softer, especially when people are taking shots (which happens quite frequently).

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, you'd be surprised at how many of these "name" pros play in ring games. Many have steaming problems, some don't adjust as well to changing game conditions, and some actually play very well. Really, there's no difference between playing these guys and anyone else. I know, because I play these games.

[/ QUOTE ]

As said, I have played against almost all the well known pros, and would gladly play against many of them. But to say you would like to play against Ivey or D'agostino (the two who are mainly playing the big games on FT) is just folly.