View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Quick (Likely) Easy Monitor Blinking Question

yea, its definitely NOT the heat that causes this. mine only blink when i first turn on the computer in the morning.

ive unfastened and refastened all of the connections on the outside of the case and monitors, so if the problem has to do with something wiggling, it must be in the inside of the case. as you mentioned, it quite possibly could be the video card itself.

another interesting thing ive learned about the problem in the past couple days is this:

so when i wake up and boot up the computer and turn on the monitors, they start blinking within 10 minutes. i shut down the computer and reboot. sometimes they blink again and i have to reboot again, sometimes they dont.

BUT, sometimes when im trying to shut down the computer from the start menu, i will click "shut down" (or "turn off" or whatever it says) and it WONT shut down and it DOES make the blinking stop for good - its like i hit the "quit blinking motherfuckers" button instead of the shut down button. This makes me think its not something wiggling inside, but something to do with the computer itself.

someone must know about this sort of thing. i called the best buy computer donks and they didnt really have anythign helpful to say, but theyre not as smart as the 2+2 computer donks, so im still holding out hope for help here.