View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 12:16 AM

Default Behavior in public sports books?

While at the MGM Grand on friday, I was waiting for the buffet to open for dinner, so I decided to go see what games were on in the sports book. To my pleasant suprize, Colorado (where I went to school) was taking on visiting rivals Nebraska. Unfortunately, they were taking a beating and late in the third period objects were being thrown from the student section onto the field. A lady wearing red, sitting RIGHT next to me with her husband was going on and on about how "Colorado fans are the worst," and "their just pissed cuz they have a sucky team." I withheld my remarks of "Maybe youre just jealous because youre white-trash [censored] from a [censored] hole like Nebraska where theres nothing to do but molest cattle and hate people from Colorado." So then I got to wondering:

Should she curb these types of comments when shes in a public sports book where obviously fans for both teams are sitting together?

Or, should I just expect hearing nonsense like this since I'm in a public sports book where there are fans from the other team?