Thread: AI: After Iraq?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 04:19 AM

Default Re: AI: After Iraq?

[ QUOTE ]
I'd prefer if people actually answer the question. What should be done about terrorism?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that if we left the Middle East and never went back to rebuild another country, we'd be doing our country a huge favor. It's impossible to say exactly how much of a "terrorist threat" there'd be if we left them alone, but I'd be very surprised if things got any worse, or even didn't get better, than what they are now. I can't see how the "bring the fight to them" strategy can really be effective.

Our country has plenty of problems here. The real threat of terrorism isn't very large. I'm sure that, even for people in New York, DC, and the other major metropolitan areas, the danger from terrorism is far less than from other activities, and certainly much much less than the news and government (Democrats and Republicans alike) would like us to believe.

I think we have enough things to spend money on here, and plenty of things that need fixing. I'd rather us not rebuild countries on our own, or invade our "enemies" without very real consequences otherwise. And if that doesn't work, we can evaluate our options and try again.

I strongly believe that if we can stop meddling in every corner of the world, and get rid of this "you're with us or you're against us" attitude, etc., we'll be much safer and much better off.