View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 03:36 AM

Default Re: Do I owe this employer professional courtesy?

[ QUOTE ]
you handled it in the most idiotic and immature way possible.

You had an amazing opportunity to network and get known with a business and industry. In the finance industry people are extremely busy and dont have time to sit there and teach you. Coming from such an industry I can't begin to tell you how huge of an opportunity you [censored] up. When you think that all you had to do was show up, be dependable and build relationships to provide yourself with a significant advantage in getting a job over other graduates it becomes clear of just how big of an idiot you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are very harsh, fucker. I appreciate your honesty.

Given what you said, I should reply that I'm 17 and have no idea what I want to do with my life. I thought finance might be an area I was interested in, and it turns out that it's not. I have college ahead of me to figure out what it is that I want to do but I can say that I am pretty sure I don't intend to go into finance. I took the job to find out whether or not I wanted to pursue the field. Making connections, etc. was just a bonus.

I guess I should call the boss in case I need a referral though. Mostly I was just pissed that he wasted my summer and didn't live up to his end of our agreement. He got a competent, fast worker to do stuff for him dirt cheap. Everything that I did he would have had to do, so I saved him an incredible amount of money.