View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Goals vs. Achievements

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Cactus and Irie.

I play not really for the income but to learn and become better. So I do not really have a ROI or $$ goal but just to become better. But then again, I'm 8 years out of school and married - if I was still in school I could definitely see it becoming a pissing contest between friends.

So anyway - my non-monetary goal is to be 4-tabling $22s by this time next year and improve post-flop play through 6-max cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it when people talk about goals of four tabling the 22s this time, NEXT YEAR!

That is awesome and shows some great patience. I am so used to all these "teenies" coming in here wanting to quadthousand table the 215s next week it makes me want to puke, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I wish I had as much free time as these teenies. I'm lucky to get in 6 SNG's after a 10 hour workday, walking the dog, making dinner, etc. That and I treat this as a hobby, and not as a source of income.

[/ QUOTE ]

You and me both bro.

I am a chef as my full time job and not looking to change it.

However as a hobby it does pay for itself and I dont mind making an extra $100 a week or more for spending money.

Dont get me wrong, I love the game of poker I just think it would be way to stressfull as a career is all. And using it as a hobby, well, you get the best of both worlds and there is nothing wrong with that at all.

PS: What do you do for your full time job?