View Single Post
Old 11-20-2004, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Paul Phillips, you suck and I could destroy you in poker.

I know nothing about you or your poker skills. I only know what I read in your post, but I would suggest that you sleep on it and then urge/beg Matt to delete the post. Your logic is similar to 'I am better than Michael Jordan in basketball. He only won 6 NBA titles, I won the king of the hill title 15 times in my neighborhood game' or how about 'Jeff Gordon who? I'm the very best in my town at Pinewood Derby racing'.

Listen, I'm not criticizing your poker play and perhaps you are great. It's extremely difficult to win online tournaments. But to compare the skill level at $1 buy-in online tournaments to $10k pro events is a bit ridiculous. It must be a joke if you are really serious about the comparison. Again, your skill is most likely very high if you are placing consistently high in these events. I would urge you to get involved in bigger buy-in live events with top players if you are truly confident in your poker skills. If you do well at these events I'm sure you will have no need to trump your own horn.