Thread: Buying a house
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Buying a house

being a professional gambler, you're technically self-employed. in order to use self-employment as your "job" most lenders require you to give them 2 years tax returns showing how much you make.

if you haven't been doing it for two years, then there are a couple of other things. you can do a stated income (they verify your assets, but not income) or no doc (they don't verify anything except credit score). you have to have good (700+) credit to qualify for both of these and they both typically have a bump in the rate.

countrywide has one program for 700+ credit scores called the "fast and easy" where everything is based off of your score and, i think, the rate is actually a little lower.

my suggestion would be to talk to a mortgage broker (not a bank or mortgage company) because they have access to a lot of different lenders and programs and will probably know what you'd need to do based on your credit score.

my girlfriend was a loan officer until last week, so we've talked all about this sort of stuff. feel free to PM me with more specific questions...if i don't know the answer, i'm sure she will...