View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 01:03 AM

Default Re: When to get the raise in? in position flopped quads PLO100

[ QUOTE ]
Minraising (or something like that) is only going to make people suspicious.

I like the turn call. You have to hope that someone else decides to enter the pot.

The fact that the guy called a pot sized bet on the river is a miracle. I probably would have gone with a 1/4 to 1/2 pot sized bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]minraising- yes... that's about what i thought, what i think when i see it done to me, and what i have used it for in the past. The benifits of building a pot and offering a chance to re-raise or bluff didn't quite tip the scales in my assesment here.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]turn call- it's too bad they all folded... i was giving the right odds if they thought a nut flush would be good, etc, and the bettor may have been bluffing, etc... Though, he may have just made the (faux)nuts with 77, and i thought about re-raising the minimum and letting him get it all in before an overcard could come to slow'm down.

luckily, he had a straight+nut flush draw. speaking of:

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Miracle that he called- yeah... i admit i was a little frustrated with the lack of action on my quads and wanted to make up some ground: one of my biggest leaks (that i'm aware of) in PLO is a tendancy to knee-jerk-pot-bet the nuts on the end instead of carefully value betting. I'm a bit of a mainiac, and willing to make ballsy bluffs, and my opponents generally know this, so i get paid off a lot, but i still think it's a -EV habit. given that, i think a 1/2 pot bet would've been best.