View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Low Limit Problems

If you're pretty sure a raise won't drive people out you probably shouldn't do it too often, a 2 flush makes the raise a bit better. In pacific's 1/2, 2/4 and 3/6 games, which are really soft and call happy, I often wait till 4th and go for a check-raise if no one threatening has paired his or her door card. In games where most people are very reluctant to fold before 5th I usually try to make it 5th as cheaply as possible. On 4th I'll need a good reason to bet out, such as 2 pair or 2-3 people catching blanks, but I'll raise if I get the chance. Then I can focus on playing 5th-7th better than them. If a spot opens up for a check raise take it. The toughest thing about these games is adjusting to the mood swings of LP players.... sometimes they'll all of a sudden start folding, and others they'll call 3 bets cold with a pair of sevens. I've found that after I've won a few big pots my raises start getting the respect they'd get at a tighter table. But if I'm really aggressive with kings or aces or other big hands and lose, the table concensus is to call anything anytime.