Thread: Assessment
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Assessment

Well, i'm not going to try and sugar coat this. You need to learn to manage your money better, and you should have learned this after you over extended yourself last time and lost a big chunk of your role. I think people on these forums read the stories of people like James, BK, etc... and want to emulate how quickly they progressed. These guys are phenomenal players who also ran well at some good times, and i'm sure they will both tell you that.

So, on to rebuilding. You need to have at least 600 BB for any stake level you play. Go to 2-4 right now. Play there until you get like a 3k role and move to 3-6. You can be at 5-10 within 2-3 months, and once you get there its more than possible to make $80-$125/hour there. You can rebuild your role quickly there.

From this day on, your goal should be to NEVER take an uncalculated risk. I dont give a [censored] how good a higher game looks, you need to reduce your ROR and grind it out. This part of the process is not fun, but it's develops your maturity as a player which will prevent this from happening in the future. There is no way you should have been playing 10-20 yesterday. Best of luck rebuilding your role.

Gabe