View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Flip-flops: are we done with them yet?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flip flops are the most comfortable thing in the world

[/ QUOTE ]

This is another thing I don't get. The proponents of these ghastly foot debacles always talk about how comfortable they are. I've never found this to be true. First of all, the thing yanking your first two toes apart is pretty painful. Secondly, you have to walk in a certain fashion so they don't slip off your feet. Thirdly, you can't ever jog or quickly side step something if you have to. Like if you're walking across the street and a taxi spins around the corner and you have to leap out of the way -- your flip-flops are gone and you're barefoot the rest of the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to get some different flip flops and not the $2.99 from wal-mart then. Get some Reefs or some Rainbows and wear them for a little while. Maybe I'm just used to them as I've been wearing them my whole life but I find them EXTREMELY comfortable (don't even notice the toe spreading), I walk normally with them, I can jog or run in them if need be (obviously not as well as shoes, but more than sufficient), and I never lose my sandals dodging taxis [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The only thing that I can find a little annoying about them is when they sometimes decide to squeek when you walk, but that can typically be easily remedied.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I have no problem with this either. Ive even played basketball in flip flops, and have run across streets many times in them, and never have had them fall off.

Yanking your toes apart? Were they surgically attached together or something?