View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Are the bears a bad 8-3 team?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure where you get the "5th or 6th best team" thing, as it never came up, but they were the #1 Seed in the NFC that year I believe, and got stomped at home.

Oh, and they got lucky in that 49er's game.

[/ QUOTE ]
They were the #2 seed and lost to an Eagles team basically because Miller got knocked out of the game. Really I think the Vikings team that went 15-1 and was blown out by the Giants was really a bad team because blah, blah, blah. Or was that the team that blew the game to a Falcons team that played good defense, ran the ball and never scored many points.

Here is the point about the Bears this year. They have the best defense in the NFL and one of the best offensive lines. Is the quarterback a rookie who barely survives most games and trying to grow a beard, yes. Can they control the clock and play great defense, yes.

Outside of the Colts name one team in the NFL that doesn't have a glaring weakness somewhere. Because I can't find one.

The Bears finish the season playing Pittsburgh, Atlanta, the Packers twice and the Vikings to end the year. And acording to the ESPN guys, who picked the Vikings to win the divison, they are on fire and are making a great run.

I'm not sure if that will be enough to make them a legit team, but let us know when it meets your standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

um the 2000 Vikings started 11-2, needed just 1win in the final 3games to clinch homefield and lost out, getting the #2 seed, they played the 12-4 giants on the road and lost 41-0, before the giants got stomped by the ravens

in 98 MN had the best offense ever, a solid defense, and went 16-2 losing 2games by a FG .. also that was the game Dennis Green decided to not go for the win with 1:30 in the 4th QT tied, and that offense [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] ..