View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: interesting 20-40 commerce hand

when the hand went down, there was this tilting jerkoff on the table that was being a real ass and he called the clock on me after like 30 seconds of deliberation.
not trying to make an excuse i just don't think i thought the hand through well enough before making my decision.

i ended up folding, however right after i did i was sick.
no way villian puts me on JJ, and since i have an LAG image there is a good chance he doesn't give me much credit for a hand.

the T on the turn is irrelevant because its a diamond so he knows i wasn't on a flush draw and hit the ten, so the most likely hand for me to be holding in his mind is a mid pocket pair or a six.

in fact after i folded he showed me 99, thinking it was the best hand.

i don't completely understand his checkraise, because he knows i'm not stupid enough to call him w/ a six in that spot so if i do call he's probably beat, but after the hand he said that he was thinking the same thing i was about the ten on the turn and he knew i was smart enough to know that so he thought i might put him on a six and call his "value" raise with 77, 88, or a naked six, which is what he put me on.

in retrospect i know that if i bet the river i should either be firmly committed to calling any reasonable raise, or i should have bet enough that he could only raise me with a better hand.

ie: if i would have bet 1K it would make it a lot harder for him to value raise me on the river with a worse hand.

also, since i know he knows i like to overbet the pot with really strong hands and since i didn't, i should have been more prone to calling his raise since my pot size bet indicated weakness.

also i should have taken into account that the way i played the hand in no way indicated to him i had anywhere near as good a hand as JJ so i definately should have called.

and i think had i thought about the hand for more then 30 secs, i would have made the call, in fact i had the chips counted out and was close, but i hate calling when i feel rushed and when its close for me in that situation i usually just fold, rather then make a bad decision and go on tilt for a bad call.