View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 03:11 AM

Default Re: Absolute is buying my computer

[ QUOTE ]
what made them trust you with the 1500$? just your name from these forums?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's probably it for the most part.

When they first offered to 'buy me a new computer if I will ship them this one' I thought, "Well...how is this going to work?"

When I wrote them back I offered to deposit and leave $2k or so in my AP account UNTIL they received my old computer.
But evidently they don't think that is necessary.

I also thought it would have been completely fair if they just transferred the $1500 to my AP account but wouldn't allow me to cash-out until they had my old computer in their pretty little hands.
I suggested this to them as well. And I told them that wouldn't be a problem for me financially to tie-up that much money for a few weeks.

He just took the iniative on his own and must have received approval to just skip the process of putting the money in my AP account.

Once I sent them a link of the computer I had purchased they decided that was good enough and they just sent me the $1500. I never expected them to send it to me right-away like that.

Because Dell takes some time to build the computer to specifications they say it won't ship until June 22.

The guy at AP was a bit disappointed to learn that...and said to 'order it as soon as possible because they REALLY want my messed up computer as soon as I can get it to them.'