View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Arrange this table for ideal position

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll be honest; I probably wouldn't play at that table. Doesn't look like much of a lineup to me. If forced to, I'd have the two TAGs on my left, the two LP's on my right, and the LAG acting after the TAGs.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate why you would want the LAG acting before the LPs?

[/ QUOTE ]

well you dont want him on your left. and you dont want him between you and the loose passives because then he will be the one isolating them. so the only leaves one option. also, having the loose passives act after him will force his actions to be more honest because he knows they arent going anywhere. oh and when you are in the small blind you can CR the lag, trapping the loose passives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, this is very helpful. I've been lax about thinking about seat selection. I knew it made sense to have tighter players to my left, and looser players to my right, but I was getting confused beyond that.

But one thing I wonder about. You said we don't want the LAG following the LP because then he gets to be the one isolating them. Yet, if we know that is occurring, couldn't we take advantage by raising the LAG whenever he tried to isolate? Or does that just involve too much guessing to be sensible?